Social, Ecological, Economical, Sustainable Energy Projects & Investments
DEVELOPMENT & CONSULTING
These are the events where our team members will participate this year.
1. SIPS 2021 (Intl. Symp.): Nov 28 – Dec 2, 2021, Hilton Phuket Arcadia, Thailand
On Sustainable Energy Production: Fossil; Renewables; Nuclear; Waste handling , processing, and storage for all energy production technologies; Energy conservation (7th Intl. Symp.)
This major symposium is in honor of the distinguished work and lifetime achievements of Prof. Dr. Manfred Mauntz. Professor Mauntz is a well-known person for his profound impact on determining wear and tear of rotating and none rotating machinery lubricated, preserved or cooled by crude oil derived lubricants and fluids with an online oil sensor system. Starting his first career steps under the guidance of his father and grandfather in the optimization of business processes in the production of wine in his family’s own winery.
In his industrial career, before starting his own company cmc Instruments GmbH, he held leading positions, i.e. he worked as the head of product management and later as general manager.
His professional life was never boring: it was always characterized by constant innovations under his leadership. He continuously shaped new processes, new technologies and new products.
This symposium will touch and debate “Energy and Sustainability” related topics along subordinated themes such as but not limited to:
- Global primer energy consumption of today and the projections for the future.
- Energy efficiency, Entropy and Exergy. A scientific, technologic, social and markets assessment of these definitions.
- Energy and cost optimization by suited condition monitoring solutions for energy production and energy transmission grids.
- Megatrends: Decarbonization, Decentralization and Digitalization.
- The world in its combat on climate change. Revolution or Evolution, Which pathway to go and Why?
- Transformation of the energy utilization methods and technologies.
- Climate change: Anthropogenic or not? Latest reports and studies on climate change such as ‘Asynchronous carbon sink saturation in African and Amazonian tropical forests’ and other threats.
- Energy dependence, energy preference and their impact on the global migration problems.
- Australia’s wildfires and their impact on climate change. Are others to come?
- Predictive operation and maintenance systems for power plants and energy systems. Know-How, tools and technologies to improve operational excellence.
- Key minerals for battery storage technology. Where are they available and what is their quantity available. Who controls those minerals? Economical, ecological, social and political impact in mining these new treasures.
- Success stories on energy transition period related technologies and projects.
- Success stories on renewable energy technologies and projects.
- Lessons learnt from failed technologies and projects.
- Decentralized nuclear power technology status, its environmental impact and its market future.
- 100% renewable energy. A transformation for real, or only a phantasy?
- Funding the energy transformation. Financing the energy transition or transformation, the implementation of the UN Sustainability Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement, is a by the multilateral development banks (MDBs) supported, financed and catalyzed business. Do the MDBs touch and help the markets? Achievements and further goals.
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS
A round table discussion open to everyone interested will be organized at a specific date and time during the symposium. It will be a platform for high level representatives of various industries, technologies, and academic disciplines to freely discuss and debate all topics of this symposium, and identify positive and efficient pathways towards sustainability in industrial practices, technologies, and research.
You are cordially invited to actively participate in this symposium by submitting and presenting a paper, or by attending the round table. We look forward to meeting you in Phuket, December 2021.
Abstract-I of Dr. TURNA
Predictive Maintenance Management System For Production-, Process- And The Energy Industry
Predictive maintenance evaluates the condition of equipment by performing periodic (offline) or preferably continuous (online) equipment condition monitoring. The ultimate goal of the approach is to perform maintenance at a scheduled point in time when the maintenance activity is most cost-effective and before the equipment loses performance within a threshold. This results in a reduction in unplanned downtime costs because of failure where for instance costs can be in the hundreds of thousands per day depending on industry. In energy production in addition to loss of revenue and component costs, fines can be levied for none delivery increasing costs even further. This is in contrast to time- and/or operation count-based maintenance, where a piece of equipment gets maintained whether it needs it or not. Time-based maintenance is labor intensive, ineffective in identifying problems that develop between scheduled inspections, and so is not cost-effective. The fundamental idea is to transform the traditional ‘fail and fix’ maintenance practice to a ‘predict and prevent’ approach.
The “predictive” component of predictive maintenance stems from the goal of predicting the future trend of the equipment’s condition. This approach uses principles of statistical process control to determine at what point in the future maintenance activities will be appropriate.
Most predictive inspections are performed while equipment is in service, thereby minimizing disruption of normal system operations. Adoption of predictive maintenance can result in substantial cost savings and higher system reliability.
Reliability-centered maintenance emphasizes the use of predictive maintenance techniques in addition to traditional preventive measures. When properly implemented, it provides companies with a tool for achieving lowest asset net present costs for a given level of performance and risk.
One goal is to transfer the predictive maintenance data to a computerized maintenance management system so that the equipment condition data is sent to the right equipment object to trigger maintenance planning, work order execution, and reporting. By doing so the OPEX and CAPEX saving feature of predictive maintenance solution value is accelerated.
This paper and its attachments provide an insight of how the products of as an example cmc Instruments GmbH and others, help users to achieve their goals in setting up real and beneficiary PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
Abstract-II of Dr. TURNA
Mobile ‘Floating Or Trailer’ Type Power Generation Technologies – The Fast Solution To Lower Carbon Footprint
VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) conditions are emerging all over the world and in sort of forms. Such conditions emerge in recent years primarily triggered due to the fact of anthropogenic climate change, affecting the weather conditions with severe hits in form of hurricanes, typhoons, sudden appearing devastating microclimate occurrence or similar. Earthquakes, volcano eruptions form also VUCA conditions. The COVID-19 pandemic recently started hitting global economies and will for sure prevent governments from their regular infrastructure planning and implementation works. In the opposite sometimes VUCA conditions appear due to a sudden vectoral change in a positive direction.
Despite the technological and political progress of humankind in form of communication and information access (i.e. internet), sustainable production (industrial, farming), digitalization, civil rights etc. VUCA conditions prevail and make emergency solutions essential. Emergency solutions tend to be more and more demanded by markets and governments, even leading to be used as mid-term and long-term solutions meeting the needs of consumers.
This paper will introduce the vectors leading to emergency conditions and needs in the power generation sphere and provide an insight on medium to large size powerships and powertrailers, while addressing major power generation trends such as renewable energy and storage technologies and their recent markets gains.